Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Starting my seeds indoors


UPDATE: March 2010. Don't start seeds this way. Peat Pods are a waste. This year I used bigger jiffy pots with seed starting soil. See photos from March 2010.






















I started my seeds indoors today. Not sure how it will turn out. I bought two windowsill plastic greenhouse boxes. UPDATE: this is how NOT to start seeds. I failed big time doing this, and a waste of money.


















I will be storing the binder in a large ziplock bag and place in the freezer for storage.

UPDATE: I now store my seeds in a platic box in the freezer. I place the seed packages in quart sized ziplock bags and place the bag in the box and seal tight. This is so you can use your seeds for a few years. Saves money.


4 comments:

  1. Jill that is so exciting. They will be sprouting in no time. I love all of those veggies and flowers. What a healthy hobby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, Did you make the binder for the seeds? Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha. I think you gave it to me for Christmas :)

    I've decided not to use the binder though, going to put seed packets in small zip-locks, and then put those in a small shoe-sized plastic container, and then put that into the freezer.

    Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete