Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today's garden pics



July 15th.

Below: What I picked this morning. I decided to pick these tomatoes early. Few small leeks (the last of them), Few small onions (not sure I'll do these next year), couple grape tomatoes.

Below: yellow blossoms tucked away here and there. pretty to see.
Below: Today's Sunflower pic.
I only have about 4 sunflowers growing, three of them are about 7 or 8 feet tall! The sunflowers are from my brother's seeds.
Below: Watermelon flower.
Below: I tried to grow the three sisters here, but only one squash took and one Luffa plant. The luffa seeds I got from Target two years ago. I started the luffa indoors in Feb. From the deck I noticed the flower from the luffa plant, funny how excited I get over things like this. It's a pretty flower, in last two pics.
Sadly, I have no idea which squash this is. I'm hoping the long island pumpkin, but could be just about anything. I need to get better stakes next year, or keep a better log. Such a healthy looking plant though. Seems happy with it's spot.
The luffa flower, about the size of a baseball, pretty big.
Same flower. I can see this from the deck. What a fun surprise this morning :)
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment